- action research with/against ‘impact’
- why blog your field work?
- summer school day five
- summer school day four
- summer school day three
- summer school day two
- summer school day one
- tate summer school – expectations
- it’s that time of year…
- on getting out of a stuck place
- mentoring early career researchers – what’s possible?
- happy birthday to patter
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature review mess metaphor methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- dr jekyll writes - binge writing as a pathological academic condition
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- action research with/against 'impact'
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- methodology isn't methods.. or... what goes in a methods chapter
- writing the thesis
- on not writing from the PhD
- seven reasons why journals reject papers
- thirteen reasons researchers get asked to write their methods chapter again
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Well maybe is the answer. Maybe. First of all, all PhDs can generate some refereed journal articles. But not all PhDs have enough in them to become a book. This is because the PhD and a book have to do … Continue reading
Why do you need to think about a publisher? Isn’t it enough to get a book out there? Well – yes and no. There is no point spending a year of your life writing a book if it is not going to reach the … Continue reading
I had a comment last week on the writer’s block post. It was a suggestion that writing wasn’t hard if the writer was ‘at home’ with the material. However when that wasn’t the case, the writer could be blocked. I understand … Continue reading