- a good notebook
- on the perils of self-citation
- working with literatures #phdknowhow
- writing and routine
- it’s writing time
- research “site”, “sample” and/or “relationship”
- a new pen
- what is a ‘research warrant’? #knowhow
- is your research or your paper needed? #knowhow
- literature work in a journal article – the introduction
- action research with/against ‘impact’
- why blog your field work?
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature review literature themes mess methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- a good notebook
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- the ten habits of highly unsuccessful research bid writers
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- methodology isn't methods.. or... what goes in a methods chapter
- writing the thesis
- about me
- headings and subheadings – it helps to be specific
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Journal editors can be contacted. The trick is to contact them at the appropriate time about the right things. DO contact the journal editor if you’re not sure whether the journal might be interested in the article you want to … Continue reading
I’m just about to head into another conference. I have to prepare my own presentations over the next few days and it’s made me think about what I loathe about powerpoint and its cousin prezi. I don’t mind a set … Continue reading
So I’ve spent a long time doing this piece of research. Now what? Is it just a matter of writing something? Or is it more than this? And are all publications the same? What more could I do? This blog … Continue reading
I’m a journal editor, one of a collective that edits the Educational Action Research Journal. One of the conditions of getting published in our journal is that authors sign an agreement which, among other things, says that the work isn’t … Continue reading
A colleague of mine told me recently that he was writing a book. Just on spec, he said. And did I have any advice about what publishers might be interested. What could I say? I wanted to say give up … Continue reading