- recruiting participants for research – do we need a public participation research panel?
- writing a publishable literature review paper – four options
- things to do during the PhD – publish articles on the side
- imagination and “the interview”
- public engagement reframed – in the PhD
- word repetition… just find substitutes?
- (re)framing “public engagement”
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- academic creativity in the here and now
- my holiday reading – not the usual
- patter’s year
- a little break
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature review literature themes mess methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a publishable literature review paper - four options
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- things to do during the PhD - publish articles on the side
- about me
- methodology isn't methods.. or... what goes in a methods chapter
- concluding the journal article
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
Category Archives: just write
My intention in these posts is simply to outline the activities in the course in case you want to try any of them for yourself. If I have time/energy I’ll add other bits too, but tonight is quite late and … Continue reading
Someone asked me the other day whether I thought ‘just write’ was a good idea. It is something that I support, although always with the caveat that it doesn’t work for everyone. I call this ‘writing along the way’ because … Continue reading