- action research with/against ‘impact’
- why blog your field work?
- summer school day five
- summer school day four
- summer school day three
- summer school day two
- summer school day one
- tate summer school – expectations
- it’s that time of year…
- on getting out of a stuck place
- mentoring early career researchers – what’s possible?
- happy birthday to patter
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature review mess metaphor methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- on not writing from the PhD
- action research with/against 'impact'
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- methodology isn't methods.. or... what goes in a methods chapter
- writing the thesis
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- a questions approach to the literature review
- academic writing
Tag Archives: abstract
another of those posts where I talk about my own practice… I’m currently engaged in several bits of co-writing. They are not the talk-and-write-together model that I do with Barbara. No, these are variations on the write-together-write-separate process. Because this … Continue reading
We began today by looking at the abstract again – the Tiny Text – and then went on to think about titles. After some paired discussion of the potential titles and a bit of work on some volunteers’ abstracts and … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer, Inger Mewburn, and Patter, that’s me Pat, are writing a paper for a conference to be held in December. We’ve decided to blog our process as part of our #acwrimo commitment. We put an abstract together as a … Continue reading