Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- so you want to blog – should I write a guest post?
- groundhog day in bookland
- reading against the literatures – #litreview
- learning from live pandemic research
- online learning for all
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
- a parable for online teaching
- are we all part time now?
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- five ways to structure a literature review
- so you want to blog - should I write a guest post?
- reading against the literatures - #litreview
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- writing a bio-note
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
Category Archives: Barbara Kamler
We hear a lot about the benefits of collaboration in writing. I’m always banging on about how good it is to have regular writing partners. But not all collaborations work out well. Things can go wrong. People don’t pull their weight. People don’t … Continue reading
Barbara and I have just finished the first round of fine-grained proofing on the type-set version of our new “Detox your writing” book. Because we’ve done this proofing lark three times before, we now have a set routine. We first work … Continue reading
Barbara and I are now on final descent with our new writing book, Detox your writing. We’ll have it to the publisher sometime next week. Yippee. Our process of final revision and proof-reading has been in several stages. About three … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I wrote anything about my current book project with Barbara. We are still in the throes of revising the text, turning our incredibly messy first draft into something more readable. But we are up to … Continue reading