Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
- a parable for online teaching
- are we all part time now?
- getting by and getting on
- what to do now?
- managing research risks – riding the wave of #phdpandemic
- Pandemics and PHDs
- research as creative practice
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- five suggestions for universal PhD 'after-care'
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- five clues - choosing the right journal
- what is an 'academic profile'?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- looping - a free writing strategy for generating ideas
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- five ways to structure a literature review
Category Archives: Tate Summer School
Last week I published four “live” posts about my ongoing research with the Tate Schools and Teachers team. I’ve been going to Summer Schools now since 2012, although I did have a year off last year. That’s seven lots of … Continue reading
Log Who is here – no guest artists today, just us. What did we do? Today was focused on the theme of hierarchy and expertise – two relational practices endemic to education. ad about power. of knowledge, of position, of … Continue reading
Log Who is here? Today we were joined by Amina Abbas-Nazari, a designer working with sound and artificial intelligence. What did we do? We began the day outside the Eliasson exhibition. India and Yemi assigned each of us one of … Continue reading
Log Who is here? Today we were joined by Lawrence Watson, photographer. What did we do? We began the day by visiting the Olafur Eliasson exhibition. We were asked to think about reflection, and “how you are you in your … Continue reading
Log Who is here? The artists running the Tate Summer School this year are Yemi Awosile and India Harvey. There are eighteen of us in the Summer School – a mix of art teachers and museum educators. About a third … Continue reading
This week Patter will be posting every day – coming to you almost live from Tate summer school for teachers. Cultural and arts education is a big part of my day job and a lot of my research is in … Continue reading