SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter citation co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- three thesis writing modes
- blogging my research
- summer school day four
- summer school day three
- summer school day two
- summer school day one
- bus driver’s holiday
- flip your presentation format
- summer reading – or – not all reading is the same
- patter is eight and celebrating with writing skeletons
- writing a journal article – how many references?
- PhD by publication
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- writing a bio-note
- a part-time and distance PhD
- social media? sometimes it's just nasty as ****
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- three thesis writing modes
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Category Archives: Tate Summer School
Last week I published four “live” posts about my ongoing research with the Tate Schools and Teachers team. I’ve been going to Summer Schools now since 2012, although I did have a year off last year. That’s seven lots of … Continue reading
Log Who is here – no guest artists today, just us. What did we do? Today was focused on the theme of hierarchy and expertise – two relational practices endemic to education. ad about power. of knowledge, of position, of … Continue reading
Log Who is here? Today we were joined by Amina Abbas-Nazari, a designer working with sound and artificial intelligence. What did we do? We began the day outside the Eliasson exhibition. India and Yemi assigned each of us one of … Continue reading
Log Who is here? Today we were joined by Lawrence Watson, photographer. What did we do? We began the day by visiting the Olafur Eliasson exhibition. We were asked to think about reflection, and “how you are you in your … Continue reading
Log Who is here? The artists running the Tate Summer School this year are Yemi Awosile and India Harvey. There are eighteen of us in the Summer School – a mix of art teachers and museum educators. About a third … Continue reading
This week Patter will be posting every day – coming to you almost live from Tate summer school for teachers. Cultural and arts education is a big part of my day job and a lot of my research is in … Continue reading