SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes mess methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- managing the #phd – reMIND me
- paper not working? try the “what’s the problem?” approach
- what did that peer reviewer actually mean?
- data analysis – jigsaw puzzling writ large?
- Co-writing, a continuing story…
- 2017 – the year of the ‘to do’ list
- dear Santa
- co-writing strategies – or – what could possibly go wrong?
- an ethics of analysis and writing
- letter to an unknown doctoral researcher
- good academic writing – what’s your list?
- ask not how but why – musings on ‘the interview’
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- managing the #phd - reMIND me
- paper not working? try the "what's the problem?" approach
- concluding the journal article
- writing an academic ransom note
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
Category Archives: Tate Summer School
There was no Wednesday. Well, there was, of course, but I wasn’t at it. I had to go to a meeting in Manchester so I couldn’t be in both places at once. Having to miss a day of field work, … Continue reading
Over the last week I’ve posted every day about the ethnographic research I was doing at the Tate Summer School, research carried out with the Tate Schools and Teachers team. Why? Why did I interrupt my normal flow of writing … Continue reading
Saturday 25th Wrapping up and consolidating? Well yes and no. There was still new stuff happening at Summer School. There were intensive periods of making in the morning and afternoon. Participants made GIFs and zines. Barby and Teresa enlisted the … Continue reading
Friday 24th. Today we focused on the question “How can the archive be reflected on, remixed and redefined?” We were assisted in thinking about this question by Gary Stewart, an artist who works with experimental sound installations and performances. Gary … Continue reading
Thursday 23rd Today intensified the Summer School focus on ‘the archive’ and its means of production, in particular, questions of selection and layers of access. There was also a concurrent line of inquiry and activity around collaboration and documentation. We … Continue reading
Wednesday 22nd Our overnight selfies arrived at Tate today before we did. By the time we walked into the Clore studio they had already been put into a slide show. When the workshop began we were introduced to the photographer … Continue reading