Join 35,471 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- AI and all that jazz
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- 20 reading journal prompts
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- use a structured abstract to help write and revise
- about me
- tiny texts - small is powerful
Category Archives: cv as forward looking
what is an ‘academic profile’?
Doctoral and early-career researchers are encouraged to sign up for courses that offer career development advice. Most of these workshops and courses focus on technicalities – this is how to construct your cv – or on strategies – get yourself … Continue reading
Posted in cv, cv as autobiography, cv as forward looking, text Tagged academic profile, cv, Pat Thomson 10 Comments