Join 35,082 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- the end of AcWriMo – now what?
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the end of AcWriMo - now what?
- concluding the journal article
- 20 reading journal prompts
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- bad research questions
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Category Archives: interpretation
What do actors do. Really. What do they do. And what does anything they do have to do with writing? On Friday I was in Stratford upon Avon, at the Royal Shakespeare Company theatre. I wasn’t going to a play, … Continue reading
This is the sixth post about the literature review I am doing about academic blogging for a paper/project with Thesis Whisperer. I’m working to a short time frame, and using a three-stage approach – scoping, mapping and focusing in. I … Continue reading