Join 35,471 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- AI and all that jazz
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- 20 reading journal prompts
- use a structured abstract to help write and revise
- about me
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
Tag Archives: collaborative project
things to do during your #PhD – work collaboratively on a ‘side project’
This is a guest post by Louisa Penfold and Roma Patel. Roma is a scenographer undertaking her PhD at the Horizon Research Institute and is based in the Mixed Reality Lab at the University of Nottingham. She tweets as @digitsetdesign. Louisa is a … Continue reading
Posted in collaborative work, Louisa Penfold, PhD, Roma Patel, side project Tagged collaborative project, Louisa Penfold, PhD, Roma Patel, side project, tinkering 1 Comment