Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- writing – pleasure and/or satisfaction?
- check for the passive voice
- the disappearing writer – a redrafting strategy
- revising? start strategically
- revising? try a four step approach
- what’s all this reading about then – starting the PhD
- understanding academic writing – starting the PhD
- starting the PhD? 25 things to consider
- ruthlessly realistic with annual plans
- making the most of research leftovers
- revision – the “make it better” exercise
- recycling your thesis text – is it self plagiarism?
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
- concluding the journal article
- writing - pleasure and/or satisfaction?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- understanding academic writing - starting the PhD
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Tag Archives: literatures papers
Ah, you’ve arrived. So good to see you. We don’t get nearly enough visitors.. We’ll start here. Over here in the corner. Yes, here. It’s a bit dark, but never mind. We always start here… with this filing cabinet of rejected papers. … Continue reading