SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- don’t try to write “classy” – starting the phd
- putting the search into research – starting the phd
- a conference paper? it may be five texts, not one…
- if only …
- ‘internationalising’ a journal article
- big researchers don’t cry?
- professor of the academic dark arts
- creative re-vision
- literatures work – and a pair of new shoes…
- guilty, as charged
- the citation dump – and three more citation tactics to avoid – #thesisknowhow
- academic writing and the connoisseur-critic
Top Posts & Pages
- don't try to write "classy" - starting the phd
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- putting the search into research - starting the phd
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- concluding the journal article
- from conference paper to journal article – writing in small chunks
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
Tag Archives: Mary Beard
Like many of you I’m sure, I’ve been watching the extremely ugly and misogynist twitter assault on Mary Beard over the last week or so. Like many of you I’m sure, this has made me angry, sad and more … Continue reading →