Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- everyday annotation
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising – why?
- ￼why journal articles get rejected – #3
- ￼finding debates and discussions in the literature
- why journal articles are rejected #2
- why journal articles get rejected #1
- what’s a post PhD research plan, or research agenda?
- tackling writer’s block
- ￼what is an audit trail and why do you need one?
- ￼what does ” connect your work to an ongoing conversation” mean?
- familiarity and peer review
- book writing – on introductions and some-we-prepared-before
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- everyday annotation
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising - why?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- managing the #phd- keep a reading journal
- concluding the journal article
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- bad research questions
Category Archives: bibliography
So here’s the thing. What’s the difference between a bibliography and a reference list? I was always taught there was an important difference between a bibliography and a reference list. The reference list is the stuff you actually cite in … Continue reading