Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
- a parable for online teaching
- are we all part time now?
- getting by and getting on
- what to do now?
- managing research risks – riding the wave of #phdpandemic
- Pandemics and PHDs
- research as creative practice
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- five suggestions for universal PhD 'after-care'
- writing a bio-note
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- lockdown diary
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Category Archives: blogging about blogging
Last week I published four “live” posts about my ongoing research with the Tate Schools and Teachers team. I’ve been going to Summer Schools now since 2012, although I did have a year off last year. That’s seven lots of … Continue reading
I really love reading about other people’s experiences of the PhD and beyond. But I don’t much like talking about my own. Well, I do sometimes talk about myself on this blog. Talking about me makes the blog a bit human. … Continue reading
I am often asked about the ways in which I use blogs for research purposes. I take this question to mean I should talk about something other than the usual blogging that I do. So here goes. I have played … Continue reading
Patter is now six years old. This is post 694. Yep, 694. Nearly seven hundred, but not quite. Dammit, that would have been neat. 694 is an untidy number. I’ve been wondering for a few weeks now what to say … Continue reading