Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- so you want to blog – should I write a guest post?
- groundhog day in bookland
- reading against the literatures – #litreview
- learning from live pandemic research
- online learning for all
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
- a parable for online teaching
- are we all part time now?
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- five ways to structure a literature review
- so you want to blog - should I write a guest post?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- reading against the literatures - #litreview
- writing a bio-note
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- about me
Category Archives: knowledge mobilisation
One evening, a long time ago, I opened my front door to find a teacher from the school in which I ‘d just enrolled my son. After an initial introduction she launched into a spiel about the English classes that … Continue reading
So I’ve spent a long time doing this piece of research. Now what? Is it just a matter of writing something? Or is it more than this? And are all publications the same? What more could I do? This blog … Continue reading