Join 35,082 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- the end of AcWriMo – now what?
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the end of AcWriMo - now what?
- concluding the journal article
- 20 reading journal prompts
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- bad research questions
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Category Archives: voice recognition software
When I’m beginning a new slab of data analysis I try to locate a strategic way into the overall topic. I look to see if there are one or two things that I can do fairly quickly to create something … Continue reading
I’ve recently been fiddling about with voice recognition software. Not surprisingly, it’s made me very self-conscious about the actual process of writing. I’ve been writing on a computer for a long time. I made the shift more than twenty years … Continue reading