Join 35,471 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- concluding the journal article
- AI and all that jazz
- 20 reading journal prompts
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- about me
Category Archives: Wildebad Kreuth
conference day three
Four snapshots from the conference… (1) One of the things we’ve been presented with at the conference is a heuristic for thinking about quality in arts education. This is a hot topic, with Arts Council England for example opting for … Continue reading
Posted in conference, Wildebad Kreuth Leave a comment
conference blog day two
Today we grappled with difficult questions. But after breakfast of course, not straight away. Breakfast was a relatively modest affair. The conference centre clearly caters for a lot of diverse people, as foods with lactose, gluten, and nuts were all … Continue reading
Posted in Conference blog, Wildebad Kreuth 7 Comments
conference evening one
I’ve come to Bavaria to take part in something called a ‘Polylogue’. Like a dialogue but with many voices. It’s about arts and cultural education and/in/for Europe. Sponsored by three international foundations, 90 people from the fields of policy, research … Continue reading
Posted in Conference blog, Wildebad Kreuth 1 Comment