I’ve come to Bavaria to take part in something called a ‘Polylogue’. Like a dialogue but with many voices. It’s about arts and cultural education and/in/for Europe. Sponsored by three international foundations, 90 people from the fields of policy, research and professional practice have been brought together to discuss what arts and cultural education might do to support European sustainable development, understood in its broadest sense.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- bad writing advice
- for the reader – citations, reference lists, tables of contents and indexe
- live blogging academic writing – an un-conference
- thesis knowhow – “the contribution” can create coherence
- your MC for this paper is…
- bad research questions
- writing the thesis – the theoretical framework
- academic writing – trust those gut feelings
- threshold concepts in academic writing
- PhD stuck points
- get the picture? how not to use images in the thesis
- why is academic writing so hard
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- bad writing advice
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- concluding the journal article
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
- writing a publishable literature review paper - four options