I’ve come to Bavaria to take part in something called a ‘Polylogue’. Like a dialogue but with many voices. It’s about arts and cultural education and/in/for Europe. Sponsored by three international foundations, 90 people from the fields of policy, research and professional practice have been brought together to discuss what arts and cultural education might do to support European sustainable development, understood in its broadest sense.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter citation co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- summer reading – or – not all reading is the same
- patter is eight and celebrating with writing skeletons
- writing a journal article – how many references?
- PhD by publication
- the joys of creative re-description
- a thesis (often) needs A Big Idea
- writing targets – word count, time spent, or chunks?
- don’t give your thesis examiner a bad first impression
- safety and research
- what is “measured” writing?
- make a poster then write your paper
- broadcasting your research
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- a part-time and distance PhD
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- what is an "original contribution"?
- bad research questions