Join 35,466 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
- on alt writing
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- bad research questions
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- five ways to structure a literature review
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- recycling your thesis text - is it self plagiarism?
Tag Archives: academic poster
make a poster – it may also help you write a paper
Academic posters. They are a thing. You can find academic posters at a lot of conferences. Ah, conferences. Remember when we had face to face conferences? Oh, that seems like a long time ago now – but when we had … Continue reading
Posted in academic writing, conference papers, drafting, poster Tagged academic poster, academic writing, conference paper, drafting, journal article, Pat Thomson 2 Comments
make a poster then write your paper
Im quite a fan of the academic research poster. However, posters have a bad reputation in some quarters. They’re sometimes seen as a “less than” – less than a conference paper, a second rate public presentation. Ever heard anyone say … Continue reading
Posted in academic writing, conference papers, planning a paper, poster Tagged academic poster, conference paper, planning a paper 4 Comments