SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- for the reader – citations, reference lists, tables of contents and indexe
- live blogging academic writing – an un-conference
- thesis knowhow – “the contribution” can create coherence
- your MC for this paper is…
- bad research questions
- writing the thesis – the theoretical framework
- academic writing – trust those gut feelings
- threshold concepts in academic writing
- PhD stuck points
- get the picture? how not to use images in the thesis
- why is academic writing so hard
- leave a good last impression – the thesis conclusion
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- for the reader - citations, reference lists, tables of contents and indexe
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- bad research questions
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
- writing a publishable literature review paper - four options
Tag Archives: book
There is a lot of good information about academic writing and publishing that is now out of print. It’s generally still accessible if you peruse the outlets that sell second hand books or remainders, so do check out the ‘other … Continue reading
I’m a knitter. I really like the knitting part of knitting. But I’m much less enamoured of the finishing off stage. I currently have two cardigans needing their buttons sewn on. Mmmmm …I’ll do them, I really will, just not … Continue reading
A successful research proposal or published academic paper or book almost always justifies its own existence. Omitting the reasoning that produced the bid, project paper or book can lead to bid failure and paper rejection. A research project In order … Continue reading
Mangoes are my favorite fruit. In fact I think they are my very favorite food. The part I like best about the mango is not the plump cheeks – although they are of course completely delicious – but rather what’s … Continue reading