SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- oh no, it’s thesis hand-in limbo
- 20 reading journal prompts
- orientations to reading – the literature as ‘resources’
- conference tips – the old-school handout
- three thesis writing modes
- blogging my research
- summer school day four
- summer school day three
- summer school day two
- summer school day one
- bus driver’s holiday
- flip your presentation format
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- threshold concepts in academic writing
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- bad research questions
- writing a bio-note
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Tag Archives: dissemination of research
I was recently on a shortlisting panel for the three year postdoctoral fellowships offered by my university. Each of the five faculties had produced their own priority list from which the panel was to choose a subset to be interviewed. … Continue reading
So I’ve spent a long time doing this piece of research. Now what? Is it just a matter of writing something? Or is it more than this? And are all publications the same? What more could I do? This blog … Continue reading