Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- everyday annotation
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising – why?
- ￼why journal articles get rejected – #3
- ￼finding debates and discussions in the literature
- why journal articles are rejected #2
- why journal articles get rejected #1
- what’s a post PhD research plan, or research agenda?
- tackling writer’s block
- ￼what is an audit trail and why do you need one?
- ￼what does ” connect your work to an ongoing conversation” mean?
- familiarity and peer review
- book writing – on introductions and some-we-prepared-before
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- everyday annotation
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- managing the #phd- keep a reading journal
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- explaining and justifying the use of theory via a sentence skeleton
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising - why?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
Tag Archives: doctoral experience
This is a guest post from Dr Noelle Sterne. Noelle runs a coaching and editing practice and in 2015 published Challenges in Writing Your Dissertation: Coping With the Emotional, Interpersonal, and Spiritual Struggles. Marlene was one of the brightest … Continue reading
Patter is on a week’s leave. She may or may not be reading thoroughly, but she has taken along some books to dip in and out of. In the interests of sharing the dipping in and out, here are five … Continue reading