SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- giving feedback on writing – be specific
- addressing ‘the gap’ in the field
- mapping a text
- counting down to #thesis completion
- choosing images for slideshows
- tiny texts – small is powerful
- getting ready to write about “the literature”
- starting the PhD – learning new vocabulary
- deep into writing the thesis? don’t forget to yodelayeehoo
- idle thoughts while reading? it may be a light bulb moment
- new year – seeing anew
- holiday break
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- giving feedback on writing - be specific
- addressing 'the gap' in the field
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- bad research questions
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Tag Archives: part time PhD
This is a guest post from Dr Justin Field. Well nearly Dr – just graduation to go and it’ll all be finalised. Justin shares his experience of doing a part-time and distance PhD. Earlier this month, I submitted my PhD in Organisational … Continue reading
This is a guest post from Karen McAulay, Music and Academic Services Librarian and concurrently Postdoctoral Researcher at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Karen has worked in the Whittaker Library at RCS since 1988. She is a Fellow of the … Continue reading