Join 35,228 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- the dictionary is (sometimes) your friend – starting the PhD
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- concluding the journal article
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- use a structured abstract to help write and revise
- explaining and justifying the use of theory via a sentence skeleton
- about me
- what is meta-text?
Category Archives: guest post
There’s a lot to think about when writing short. A blog post, a short piece of writing, requires careful consideration, just like a longer text. But there’s no need to struggle with writing blog posts on your own. There’s quite … Continue reading
This mini-series is in response to numerous requests to say more about blogging. Your requests are my blogging agenda. Why blog? Well, there are reasons. Maybe you’ve heard, or been told, that blogging is a good way to reflect on your … Continue reading