SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- revising a thesis chapter
- check for ‘code words’ – revising your writing
- me, myself and I
- parents who study
- the challenges of revision
- writing more than one thing at the same time – part three, managing
- writing more than one thing at the same time – part two, authoring
- writing more than one thing at the same time – part one, connecting
- looping – a free writing strategy for generating ideas
- you don’t own me- authorship and other problems
- writing regularly – matching time and task.
- you expect what? hyper performativity and academic life
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- revising a thesis chapter
- writing a bio-note
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- concluding the journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- bad research questions
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
Tag Archives: time
Last weekend brought the inevitable long Saturday newspaper read – that’s a thing in our house. We only buy one paper a week and we do like to sit down and savor it the morning it’s bought. We leave some … Continue reading
At the start of the PhD you need to sort out how you will accomplish the necessary reading, and the writing that relates to the reading. You may have to write a much larger PhD proposal than the one that … Continue reading
If you are a student of English literature then you will be very familiar with the paratext and the hypotext. A hypotext is an early text that serves as a source for a later one. Homer’s Odyssey was the hypotext … Continue reading
I like a good list. I like the order of it, the sense of things to get done and cross off. I woke up early this morning knowing that I had to make a list because it’s nearly Christmas, the … Continue reading