Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- everyday annotation
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising – why?
- ￼why journal articles get rejected – #3
- ￼finding debates and discussions in the literature
- why journal articles are rejected #2
- why journal articles get rejected #1
- what’s a post PhD research plan, or research agenda?
- tackling writer’s block
- ￼what is an audit trail and why do you need one?
- ￼what does ” connect your work to an ongoing conversation” mean?
- familiarity and peer review
- book writing – on introductions and some-we-prepared-before
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- everyday annotation
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- managing the #phd- keep a reading journal
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising - why?
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- explaining and justifying the use of theory via a sentence skeleton
Category Archives: Sharon McCulloch
Sharon McCulloch is (among other things) a teaching fellow at the University of Bath, a postgraduate tutor at University College London, and an associate lecturer at Lancaster University. Her research interests are in literacy practices, as they pertain to both … Continue reading