Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- blog as teach-in/teach-out
- what is meta-text?
- planning a paper
- peer support for you and your PhD
- PhD – plan B
- the revision cave
- when you’re older than your professors
- peer reviewing your first paper
- writing the thesis from the middle
- the risk of research feature creep
- grow your own writing practice
- a planner’s approach to the first draft
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- PhD - plan B
- bad research questions
- writing a bio-note
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Category Archives: patter
I really love reading about other people’s experiences of the PhD and beyond. But I don’t much like talking about my own. Well, I do sometimes talk about myself on this blog. Talking about me makes the blog a bit human. … Continue reading
Patter is four years old. Time for a tally. Time for a bit of reckoning. Posts This is my 430th post. I have posted a trifle over twice a week in that time. Actually, I posted about once a week … Continue reading