Join 35,167 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- the dictionary is (sometimes) your friend – starting the PhD
- route recalculation – starting the phd
- the bibliomemoir – a musing
- setting goals – starting the PhD
- writing a lot – starting the PhD, and finishing it
- unlearning who you are and what you know? starting the doctorate
- ￼starting the doctorate – finding good advice
- forced rest
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD planning publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- sift and sort - a revision strategy for a problem paper
- unlearning - a tiny reflection
- 20 reading journal prompts
- academic writing - from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- tiny texts - small is powerful
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- blank and blind spots in empirical research
Category Archives: PhD by distance
This is a guest post from Dr Justin Field. Well nearly Dr – just graduation to go and it’ll all be finalised. Justin shares his experience of doing a part-time and distance PhD. Earlier this month, I submitted my PhD in Organisational … Continue reading
Thinking back on my own doctorate by distance I can see that there were some key things that helped in the process. Of course, what worked for me won’t necessarily work for you – we are different people, and there … Continue reading
I did my PhD by distance education. This wasn’t terribly common at the time I did it – but it wasn’t all that unusual in universities that specialised in catering for remote, working or part-time students. However, the doctorate at a distance is … Continue reading