Join 35,114 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- writing a lot – starting the PhD, and finishing it
- unlearning who you are and what you know? starting the doctorate
- ￼starting the doctorate – finding good advice
- forced rest
- ￼how to talk about writing…
- a book about style and form
- last-minute proofing – 12 things to look for
- patter’s diary
- ￼should you highlight the paper you’re reading?
- propositional density – a helpful steer on writing and revising
- ￼using the progressive disclosure principle in academic writing
- ￼anonymisation – what’s in a name?
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a lot - starting the PhD, and finishing it
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- use a structured abstract to help write and revise
- 20 reading journal prompts
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- problem, problematisation - what's the difference?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- ￼what does " connect your work to an ongoing conversation" mean?