Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- categories of literatures work – what’s “new” about researching now
- Ten! Ten! Ten!
- the problem with gap talk
- make your case stronger – argue against yourself
- a qual. research strategy – empathy mapping
- make a poster – it may also help you write a paper
- academic writers as readers
- concluding a paper
- Structuring and sequencing chunks of writing
- the thesis discussion – making the move work
- revising – nine steps for making meaning
- required, desirable and delightful elements of academic writing
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- writing a bio-note
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- blank and blind spots in empirical research
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- 20 reading journal prompts
Category Archives: results
It is important when writing about research to be specific. And by writing about research I mean writing about methods in a journal article, writing methods in a thesis or journal article, writing about research design in a research bid. … Continue reading
It’s always as well to know what can go wrong when writing a journal article. And there are multiple areas in any paper to think about. Just because there seem to be fewer conventions for the Results/Discussion section doesn’t mean … Continue reading
Finally. At last. About time. Today we got to the good/fun/scary bit of writing the journal article. Everything we’ve done on the previous days have been working up to this moment. The introduction, literatures and methods were all about setting … Continue reading