Join 35,111 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- setting goals – starting the PhD
- writing a lot – starting the PhD, and finishing it
- unlearning who you are and what you know? starting the doctorate
- ￼starting the doctorate – finding good advice
- forced rest
- ￼how to talk about writing…
- a book about style and form
- last-minute proofing – 12 things to look for
- patter’s diary
- ￼should you highlight the paper you’re reading?
- propositional density – a helpful steer on writing and revising
- ￼using the progressive disclosure principle in academic writing
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD planning publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- setting goals - starting the PhD
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- writing a lot - starting the PhD, and finishing it
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- 20 reading journal prompts
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- about me
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Tag Archives: conference paper to journal article
You may not always have the luxury of a block of time to revise your conference paper. Or you might choose to devote the big slab of writing time you do have, perhaps over summer, to a big new project. After all, having extended time … Continue reading
If you’re converting a conference paper to a journal article then you need to have a clear idea of exactly what needs to be done. You need to know the difference between the two types of papers. Now, there are … Continue reading