NEW!!!!! CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature mapping literature review literature themes mess methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- on form and function – and Les Back’s Academic Diary
- an exercise in willpower
- things to do during your #phd – sit on a university committee
- sift and sort – a revision strategy for a problem paper
- things to do during your #PhD – work collaboratively on a ‘side project’
- conclusions – practice getting to the point(s)
- an ethnographer and photographer walk into a bar – creative photography and research
- the doctoral teacher on twitter
- the writer’s tic – it’s all about the invisible gorilla
- writer’s block
- the part time doctorate- no glory in the ph without the d
- research as/in everyday life
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- from conference paper to journal article – writing in small chunks
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- concluding the journal article
- on form and function - and Les Back's Academic Diary
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
Tag Archives: conference paper
You know those insecure feelings you get when you throw a party… that anxiety that no-one will turn up… You’ve got more than enough supplies for everyone you’ve invited as well as for some uninvited hangers-on. The food is arranged … Continue reading
I like lippiness. When I was a teacher I liked the lippy kids the most. They had a bit of spark and energy. They were often smart and funny. And of course I’ve been more than a bit lippy myself … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer, Inger Mewburn, and Patter, that’s me Pat, are writing a paper for a conference to be held in December. We’ve decided to blog our process as part of our #acwrimo commitment. We put an abstract together as a … Continue reading
I’ve recently been told by a number of doctoral researchers that their institutions are pretty mean about funding them to go to conferences to give papers. I’m pretty scandalized by this as it seems to me that it ought to … Continue reading