Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- categories of literatures work – what’s “new” about researching now
- Ten! Ten! Ten!
- the problem with gap talk
- make your case stronger – argue against yourself
- a qual. research strategy – empathy mapping
- make a poster – it may also help you write a paper
- academic writers as readers
- concluding a paper
- Structuring and sequencing chunks of writing
- the thesis discussion – making the move work
- revising – nine steps for making meaning
- required, desirable and delightful elements of academic writing
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- writing a bio-note
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- blank and blind spots in empirical research
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- 20 reading journal prompts
Tag Archives: Detox your writing
Barbara and I have just finished the first round of fine-grained proofing on the type-set version of our new “Detox your writing” book. Because we’ve done this proofing lark three times before, we now have a set routine. We first work … Continue reading
Barbara and I are now on final descent with our new writing book, Detox your writing. We’ll have it to the publisher sometime next week. Yippee. Our process of final revision and proof-reading has been in several stages. About three … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I wrote anything about my current book project with Barbara. We are still in the throes of revising the text, turning our incredibly messy first draft into something more readable. But we are up to … Continue reading