SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- for the reader – citations, reference lists, tables of contents and indexe
- live blogging academic writing – an un-conference
- thesis knowhow – “the contribution” can create coherence
- your MC for this paper is…
- bad research questions
- writing the thesis – the theoretical framework
- academic writing – trust those gut feelings
- threshold concepts in academic writing
- PhD stuck points
- get the picture? how not to use images in the thesis
- why is academic writing so hard
- leave a good last impression – the thesis conclusion
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- for the reader - citations, reference lists, tables of contents and indexe
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- a Foucauldian approach to discourse analysis
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- writing a publishable literature review paper - four options
Tag Archives: Detox your writing
Barbara and I have just finished the first round of fine-grained proofing on the type-set version of our new “Detox your writing” book. Because we’ve done this proofing lark three times before, we now have a set routine. We first work … Continue reading
Barbara and I are now on final descent with our new writing book, Detox your writing. We’ll have it to the publisher sometime next week. Yippee. Our process of final revision and proof-reading has been in several stages. About three … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I wrote anything about my current book project with Barbara. We are still in the throes of revising the text, turning our incredibly messy first draft into something more readable. But we are up to … Continue reading