Join 35,471 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: editing problems and solutions
two big hassles in editing a book, and what you can do about them
Posted on December 9, 2013 by pat thomson
My first post last week suggested that there were three good reasons to consider editing a book. This post focuses on the necessities of book editing. I’m writing about two big problems, not because I think that they should be … Continue reading →
Posted in authors, chapter, editing, emotional labour | Tagged edited books, editing problems and solutions, Pat Thomson | 3 Comments