SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- PhD by publication
- the joys of creative re-description
- a thesis (often) needs A Big Idea
- writing targets – word count, time spent, or chunks?
- don’t give your thesis examiner a bad first impression
- safety and research
- what is “measured” writing?
- make a poster then write your paper
- broadcasting your research
- book writing – an occasional post
- proofreading tactics
- going to a huge conference
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- PhD by publication
- writing a bio-note
- theory makes us feel stupid
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- writing the thesis – the theoretical framework
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- what's a framework? - as in, conceptual or theoretical framework
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- bad research questions
Tag Archives: Endnote
I write a lot about co- writing and the particular people I work with. But there’s one co-writing situation I don’t talk much about. And I should own up. I have been in a writing relationship with EN – full … Continue reading
Yes, I know nearly everyone says you need to get organised – but that’s because it really is true. Getting yourself well set up for the long haul will save time – and your sense of being in control – … Continue reading