Join 35,082 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- the end of AcWriMo – now what?
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- concluding the journal article
- the end of AcWriMo - now what?
- 20 reading journal prompts
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- bad research questions
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Tag Archives: Inger Mewburn
Today Inger Mewburn, Thesis Whisperer, and I presented the first cut from the survey we did – with your help – on PhD blogging. As yet, we don’t know whether we are going end up with a book chapter, or one or … Continue reading
Last week Inger Mewburn – @Thesiswhisperer – and I were at the Digital Academics seminar in Canberra. We presented some ideas for a research project we have been talking about. This was our handout to participants. We’d be interested in anything … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer and I have been researching for a paper we are giving at a forthcoming conference. it’s about academic blogging and you can read our initial abstract here. We divided the researching task into two and Inger ‘found’ and … Continue reading
This post is from Inger, Thesis Whisperer, about the process of researching academic blogs. Here she discusses making decisions about method, and provides a glimpse, via a link to her google doc, of actual data analysis happening in real time. … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer, Inger Mewburn, and Patter, that’s me Pat, are writing a paper for a conference to be held in December. We’ve decided to blog our process as part of our #acwrimo commitment. We put an abstract together as a … Continue reading