NEW!!!!! CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers epistemology ethics examiner feedback introduction journal literature mapping literature review literature themes mess methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research methods research project revision signposts supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- tate summer school – Thursday
- tate summer school – Wednesday
- tate summer school – Tuesday
- tate summer school: Monday
- things to do during your #phd – attend a summer school
- on form and function – and Les Back’s Academic Diary
- an exercise in willpower
- things to do during your #phd – sit on a university committee
- sift and sort – a revision strategy for a problem paper
- things to do during your #PhD – work collaboratively on a ‘side project’
- conclusions – practice getting to the point(s)
- an ethnographer and photographer walk into a bar – creative photography and research
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- what’s with the name doctoral ‘student’?
- what not to do in a thesis conclusion, part one: christmas present five
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- concluding the journal article
- six differences between thesis and book chapters
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- tate summer school - Thursday
- writing the introduction to a journal article
Tag Archives: Inger Mewburn
Today Inger Mewburn, Thesis Whisperer, and I presented the first cut from the survey we did – with your help – on PhD blogging. As yet, we don’t know whether we are going end up with a book chapter, or one or … Continue reading
Last week Inger Mewburn – @Thesiswhisperer – and I were at the Digital Academics seminar in Canberra. We presented some ideas for a research project we have been talking about. This was our handout to participants. We’d be interested in anything … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer and I have been researching for a paper we are giving at a forthcoming conference. it’s about academic blogging and you can read our initial abstract here. We divided the researching task into two and Inger ‘found’ and … Continue reading
This post is from Inger, Thesis Whisperer, about the process of researching academic blogs. Here she discusses making decisions about method, and provides a glimpse, via a link to her google doc, of actual data analysis happening in real time. … Continue reading
Thesis Whisperer, Inger Mewburn, and Patter, that’s me Pat, are writing a paper for a conference to be held in December. We’ve decided to blog our process as part of our #acwrimo commitment. We put an abstract together as a … Continue reading