SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter citation co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- summer reading – or – not all reading is the same
- patter is eight and celebrating with writing skeletons
- writing a journal article – how many references?
- PhD by publication
- the joys of creative re-description
- a thesis (often) needs A Big Idea
- writing targets – word count, time spent, or chunks?
- don’t give your thesis examiner a bad first impression
- safety and research
- what is “measured” writing?
- make a poster then write your paper
- broadcasting your research
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- a part-time and distance PhD
- summer reading - or - not all reading is the same
- writing a bio-note
- my holiday reading - not the usual
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
Tag Archives: literature mapping
This is one of a very occasional set of posts about some of my own academic work that you might find useful. A colleague and I have just undertaken what is called in the (academic) trade a Rapid Evidence Review. … Continue reading
Jackie Barker is a second year PhD student at the University of the West of England (UWE). Her research is on patient and public involvement (PPI) in a health network. She tweets as @opsologist or you can find her on … Continue reading
I have been asked many times to talk about my own noting practices. So now seems like as good a time as any. What do my notes look like for this literatures work? The caveat I must make here is … Continue reading