SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- introducing dr deluded
- not letting go of the text
- why is writing a literature review such hard work? part two
- on acting, interpreting and academic writing
- writing for publication – some beginning strategies …
- why is writing a literature review such hard work? part one
- writing a bio-note
- blog as text – a bit of meta-bloggery
- publishing from the phd – make a publication plan
- quick lit – rapid evidence reviewing
- writing and stuck? try a “ventilation file”
- academics behaving badly – calling out the Cleverclogs
Top Posts & Pages
- introducing dr deluded
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- good academic writing – it's about revision not editing
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- six differences between thesis and book chapters
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- writing for publication - some beginning strategies ...
- tactics for proof-reading
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
Tag Archives: meta-commentary
Academic writing often needs an MC. Yes MC, a Mistress/Master of Ceremonies. The MC, or emcee, is an official host. A compere. At a public event, say a festival, their job is to introduce the acts – speakers or singers … Continue reading →
A little while ago I was asked a tricky question about thesis chapter: How much should each thesis chapter stand-alone? On pursuing this a little, it turned out that there was more to the question. The questioner also wanted to … Continue reading →
If you’ve ever watched small children playing then you’ll know that one of the things that they do is to sort things into groups. A bunch of coloured pens, pencils and markers can be sorted by type, colour, size, shape, … Continue reading →