Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- everyday annotation
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising – why?
- ￼why journal articles get rejected – #3
- ￼finding debates and discussions in the literature
- why journal articles are rejected #2
- why journal articles get rejected #1
- what’s a post PhD research plan, or research agenda?
- tackling writer’s block
- ￼what is an audit trail and why do you need one?
- ￼what does ” connect your work to an ongoing conversation” mean?
- familiarity and peer review
- book writing – on introductions and some-we-prepared-before
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- everyday annotation
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- my supervisor expects me to keep revising - why?
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- ￼what does " connect your work to an ongoing conversation" mean?
- the problem with gap talk
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- bad research questions
Tag Archives: partnership
My blog post is a bit later than usual today. That’s because I didn’t have any stored up. And that’s because I’ve been so occupied and preoccupied for the last two weeks I just haven’t got around to writing. Indeed, … Continue reading
So what’s a theor-orgasm? Well it’s a term that one of my friends used to use and I suspect she invented it, although I’m not sure. I couldn’t find it when I googled it so I think that she must … Continue reading