SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- safety and research
- what is “measured” writing?
- make a poster then write your paper
- broadcasting your research
- book writing – an occasional post
- proofreading tactics
- going to a huge conference
- introductions – establishing significance
- revise and resubmit
- giving feedback on writing – be specific
- addressing ‘the gap’ in the field
- mapping a text
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- concluding the journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- bad research questions
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
Tag Archives: partnership
My blog post is a bit later than usual today. That’s because I didn’t have any stored up. And that’s because I’ve been so occupied and preoccupied for the last two weeks I just haven’t got around to writing. Indeed, … Continue reading
So what’s a theor-orgasm? Well it’s a term that one of my friends used to use and I suspect she invented it, although I’m not sure. I couldn’t find it when I googled it so I think that she must … Continue reading