Join 35,471 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
- using jargon
- line editing – learning from editors
- five focusing questions to kick off some writing
- revising – mark up your text to achieve focus
- cutting and pasting early text into the thesis – part 2.
- can you cut and paste early text into your thesis?
- developing a research agenda
- getting to grips with PSA – Pre Submission Angst
- writing on the fly
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- concluding the journal article
- AI and all that jazz
- 20 reading journal prompts
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- about me
Tag Archives: publication calendar
this academic life – no New Year resolutions, but definitely some reflections and a plan
I don’t have a lot of time for New Year’s resolutions. I don’t spend my time vowing that this will be the year I’ll go back to the gym/stop buying new shoes/finish reading Zizek. At this time of year, I … Continue reading
writing from the PhD thesis – the publishing plan
I’m assuming that if you’re reading this post you have a publishing agenda – that is a list of potential articles from the PhD arranged in priority order. I’m also assuming that this might include a book – but I’m … Continue reading