Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- revision – the “make it better” exercise
- recycling your thesis text – is it self plagiarism?
- missing working at work?
- “showing” and “telling” in the thesis
- should you publish during your PhD?
- does a thesis conclusion have “recommendations”?
- can you say something about the “theory chapter”?
- The up in writing
- feeling like an imposter? ask “what’s going on here?”
- categories of literatures work – what’s “new” about researching now
- Ten! Ten! Ten!
- the problem with gap talk
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- revision - the "make it better" exercise
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- a year of writing dangerously - #acwrimo redux
- concluding the journal article
- 20 reading journal prompts
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- bad research questions
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Tag Archives: researcher
This is the second post on researching on other people’s projects. Emily St.Denny is a research assistant at the Public Policy Institute for Wales, based at Cardiff University, where she studies the powers and policy levers Welsh Ministers can use … Continue reading
I completed my PhD after a pretty substantial professional career. Then, I went into an academic job and jumped straight into my own small research projects. Now, somewhat later, I direct larger and longer research projects, often with a colleague and a small research … Continue reading