Join 35,167 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- the dictionary is (sometimes) your friend – starting the PhD
- route recalculation – starting the phd
- the bibliomemoir – a musing
- setting goals – starting the PhD
- writing a lot – starting the PhD, and finishing it
- unlearning who you are and what you know? starting the doctorate
- ￼starting the doctorate – finding good advice
- forced rest
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD planning publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- sift and sort - a revision strategy for a problem paper
- unlearning - a tiny reflection
- 20 reading journal prompts
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing - from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- tiny texts - small is powerful
- blank and blind spots in empirical research
Tag Archives: text
Writing is a visual medium It may seem odd to say that writing is visual. Writing – and academic writing in particular – is about words and what they say isn’t it? Well of course it is. But the way … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I had any advice for someone who struggled to let go of their writing – they wrote but then it was really difficult to send the writing off to their supervisor. … Continue reading