Join 35,692 other subscribers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
patter on facebook
- Story structure 2 – research writing
- Story and research writing
- when your writing plan gets stuck
- Planning and writing
- the planning fallacy and the PhD
- five discussion chapter challenges
- making the case for your research
- useless ideas
- academic writing as conversation
- AI and all that jazz
- thinking about collaborations
- a note on acronyms
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD planning publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- Story structure 2 - research writing
- writing a bio-note
- 20 reading journal prompts
- what's a #phd 'contribution'?
- five ways to structure a literature review
- concluding the journal article
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- use a structured abstract to help write and revise
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
Tag Archives: writing place
missing working at work?
Eighteen months of working from home. Or WFH, WTF!! as you will now hear me say. Often. I want to WAW (work at work). I’m not desperate about it yet, but I really do miss WAW. Pre pandemic, a whole … Continue reading
Posted in office, pandemic, place, time Tagged academic writing, Pat Thomson, place, time, WAW, WFH, writing place 4 Comments