Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- so you want to blog – a blog of my own
- so you want to blog – writing a blog post
- so you want to blog – should I write a guest post?
- groundhog day in bookland
- reading against the literatures – #litreview
- learning from live pandemic research
- online learning for all
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- so you want to blog - a blog of my own
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- concluding the journal article
- so you want to blog - writing a blog post
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- working with literatures? take a hands on hips stance
- five ways to structure a literature review
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
Category Archives: extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
Whenever there is a discussion about doctoral or early career writing, one – and generally more – contributions refer to the helpfulness of accountability. People say that there are significant benefits in setting a target, often a word count, for … Continue reading