Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- five suggestions for universal PhD ‘after-care’
- lockdown diary
- gulp – deadlines despite lockdown
- we need to talk about Zoom
- a parable for online teaching
- are we all part time now?
- getting by and getting on
- what to do now?
- managing research risks – riding the wave of #phdpandemic
- Pandemics and PHDs
- research as creative practice
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
Top Posts & Pages
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- concluding the journal article
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- connecting chapters/chapter conclusions
- five suggestions for universal PhD 'after-care'
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- writing a bio-note
- about me
- leave a good last impression - the thesis conclusion
Tag Archives: blog
Patter has had a busy year, as a few basic stats will show. Patter started in July 2011. And this, dear reader, is the 705th post. Patter has published two posts a week for most of 2017, with a few … Continue reading
I really love reading about other people’s experiences of the PhD and beyond. But I don’t much like talking about my own. Well, I do sometimes talk about myself on this blog. Talking about me makes the blog a bit human. … Continue reading
Patter had a bit of a revamp this year. Early on, the blog acquired a new URL, patthomson.net, and shucked off all gratuitous wordpress advertising. Much later, the signature image of desk and coffee cup was replaced with the current … Continue reading