SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data doctoral research early career researchers ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision revision strategy supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- peer support for you and your PhD
- PhD – plan B
- the revision cave
- when you’re older than your professors
- peer reviewing your first paper
- writing the thesis from the middle
- the risk of research feature creep
- grow your own writing practice
- a planner’s approach to the first draft
- oh no, it’s thesis hand-in limbo
- 20 reading journal prompts
- orientations to reading – the literature as ‘resources’
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- writing a bio-note
- concluding the journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- bad research questions
- five ways to structure a literature review
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
Tag Archives: claims
It is important when writing about research to be specific. And by writing about research I mean writing about methods in a journal article, writing methods in a thesis or journal article, writing about research design in a research bid. … Continue reading
I started thinking about the question of managing expectations during a recent trip to France. We stayed for some time in Aix-en-Provence. We’d chosen to be there because it seemed relatively central. But we were quite interested in the city’s … Continue reading