SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- a book from blog posts?
- tightening up your sentences – cut the bloat
- writing the thesis – work, moves and structure
- and now, a new year
- eek, it’s nearly 2018
- exit via the gift shop
- the viva and the supervisor
- can I cite a blog post?
- explain your terms – writing a journal article
- who is ‘an academic writer’?
- writing from a research project – find the point
- the academic earworm
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- concluding the journal article
- tightening up your sentences - cut the bloat
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- a book from blog posts?
- what is an 'academic profile'?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Tag Archives: patter
Patter has had a busy year, as a few basic stats will show. Patter started in July 2011. And this, dear reader, is the 705th post. Patter has published two posts a week for most of 2017, with a few … Continue reading
Patter had a bit of a revamp this year. Early on, the blog acquired a new URL, patthomson.net, and shucked off all gratuitous wordpress advertising. Much later, the signature image of desk and coffee cup was replaced with the current … Continue reading
Patter is four years old. Time for a tally. Time for a bit of reckoning. Posts This is my 430th post. I have posted a trifle over twice a week in that time. Actually, I posted about once a week … Continue reading
Patter is about to have a little break from blogging. Not for long. Just a few days. Patter will be back in the New Year on Monday January 5th. In the last post for 2014 it’s time to have a … Continue reading
Patter is having a tiny post Christmas breather. This is partly because you all are too … but it’s also because I’m in the middle of a large bit of literature work and I just need to be eyes down … Continue reading
Today is patter’s birthday. Two years of mostly two posts a week adds up to 186 posts, 187 counting this one. Starting with 2,000 hits in its first month, patter now gets about 25,000 hits a month. And 187 posts, … Continue reading