1. A song for staring at the blank screen
2. A song for explaining to your lover why you didn’t hear what they just said
3. A song for reading reviewers’ comments
4. A song for that feeling of being really, really stupid
5. A song for pressing the submit button
6. A song to drown out the noises in the hall
7. A song to remind yourself to get off twitter now
8. A song for an impossible deadline
9. A song to soothe the savage writing
10. A song which prompts you to go sit outside
11. A song to celebrate getting the book proofs
12. A song to remind you why you became a scholar
13. A song that speaks back to administrivia
14. A song for finding a typo in the just published paper
15. A song to mark a co-author’s retirement
16. A song which encourages you to think slowly
17. A song which thanks your dog for just being there
18. A song which counts ALL the work you’ve done
19. A song for making new academic friends
20. A song for waking up at 3 am writing in your sleep
Join 35,079 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- the end of AcWriMo – now what?
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing a bio-note
- avoiding the laundry list literature review
- the end of AcWriMo - now what?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- concluding the journal article
- 20 reading journal prompts
- academic writing - from Tiny Text to road map
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
- thesis knowhow – “the contribution” can create coherence