Join 35,167 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
- academic writing – from a bunch of stuff to text outline
- the dictionary is (sometimes) your friend – starting the PhD
- route recalculation – starting the phd
- the bibliomemoir – a musing
- setting goals – starting the PhD
- writing a lot – starting the PhD, and finishing it
- unlearning who you are and what you know? starting the doctorate
- ￼starting the doctorate – finding good advice
- forced rest
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD planning publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- writing a bio-note
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- tiny texts - small is powerful
- theory fright - part one
- unlearning - a tiny reflection
- 20 reading journal prompts
- concluding the journal article
- becoming friends with theory
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- giving feedback on writing - be specific
Tag Archives: research design
There are some points in the PhD process where the going gets pretty tough. Stuck points, where it’s hard work. Where it’s difficult to move on. Now don’t get me wrong. These points don’t cause grief to everyone. I’m not … Continue reading
It is important when writing about research to be specific. And by writing about research I mean writing about methods in a journal article, writing methods in a thesis or journal article, writing about research design in a research bid. … Continue reading
You’re ready, you’re aimed, and now you have to fire off the objectives. But you’re a bit confused. What”s the difference between the two? An aims-objectives confusion might arise when you are writing thesis proposal and the introductory thesis chapter. … Continue reading
Since I’ve been posting about methods and methodology, I’ve been asked several times to discuss the difference between methodology and methods and how these appear in a methods chapter. This post is by way of an answer. Not all dissertations … Continue reading