SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightPatter by Pat Thomson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Patricia.Thomson@nottingham.ac.uk.
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing argument authority in writing blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution crafting writing data dissertation doctoral education doctoral research early career researchers editing ethics examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD public engagement publishing reader reading research research methods research project revision supervision Tate Summer School thesis time Uncategorized voice writing
- a book from blog posts?
- tightening up your sentences – cut the bloat
- writing the thesis – work, moves and structure
- and now, a new year
- eek, it’s nearly 2018
- exit via the gift shop
- the viva and the supervisor
- can I cite a blog post?
- explain your terms – writing a journal article
- who is ‘an academic writer’?
- writing from a research project – find the point
- the academic earworm
Top Posts & Pages
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- writing the introduction to a journal article
- the literature review - how old are the sources?
- concluding the journal article
- tightening up your sentences - cut the bloat
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- a book from blog posts?
- what is an 'academic profile'?
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- using metacommentary to specify your contribution: christmas present three
Tag Archives: research design
It is important when writing about research to be specific. And by writing about research I mean writing about methods in a journal article, writing methods in a thesis or journal article, writing about research design in a research bid. … Continue reading
You’re ready, you’re aimed, and now you have to fire off the objectives. But you’re a bit confused. What”s the difference between the two? An aims-objectives confusion might arise when you are writing thesis proposal and the introductory thesis chapter. … Continue reading
Since I’ve been posting about methods and methodology, I’ve been asked several times to discuss the difference between methodology and methods and how these appear in a methods chapter. This post is by way of an answer. Not all dissertations … Continue reading