Join 35,094 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- academic writing knowhow – setting the scene
- the end of AcWriMo – now what?
- revising drafts – #AcWriMo
- Are long sentences always bad? #AcWriMo
- not writing as usual #AcWriMo
- Ten quick ideas for refreshing your writing #AcWriMo
- one key thing about making notes
- small scholarly worlds
- not reading everything
- unlearning – a tiny reflection
- is academic writing changing?
- academic writing – from Tiny Text to road map
CopyrightThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
SEE MY CURATED POSTS ON WAKELETLOOKING FOR POSTS ON WRITING FOR JOURNALS? REVISING AND EDITING? GIVING FEEDBACK AND REVIEWING? READING? GIVING A CONFERENCE PAPER? VISIT MY WAKES ON https://wakelet.com/@patter
- abstracts academic blogging academic book academic writing acwrimo argument authority in writing blogging blogging about blogging books book writing chapter co-writing conclusion conference conference papers conference presentation contribution data data analysis doctoral research early career researchers editing examiner feedback introduction journal journal article literature mapping literature review literature reviews literature themes methods chapter peer review PhD publishing reader reading research research methods revision revision strategy starting the PhD supervision Tate Summer School theory thesis time Uncategorized voice
Top Posts & Pages
- academic writing knowhow - setting the scene
- aims and objectives - what's the difference?
- tiny texts - small is powerful
- writing a bio-note
- connecting chapters/chapter introductions
- five ways to structure a literature review
- I can't find anything written on my topic... really?
- 20 reading journal prompts
- concluding the journal article
- looping - a free writing strategy for generating ideas
Tag Archives: creative practice
You’re writing? And feeling a bit pulled in two directions at once? Perhaps that’s not surprising. Writers have two inter-related personae –the Creator and the Editor. Well, that’s according to Joni B Cole, and indeed a lot of other people … Continue reading
My son is a musician. He DJs and performs, writes and records and he does pretty well – you can check him out here and here. I had a conversation with him a while ago about his music writing and … Continue reading